Monday, May 26, 2008

Kelsey Briggs

This is a really heartbreaking to watch.....Why did god give such a beautiful gift to a bloody monster and why do the innocent girl have to suffer...there are more of them out there whom are yet to be discovered, it's sickening for me to accept the fact.I can't tell you more about what happened because it will definitely make me swear, so i will provide the story i had gotten over the net....

Kelsey Briggs was born in Oklahoma on December 28,2002 after her parents Lance Briggs and Raye Dawn Smith were divorced.
Raye Dawn Smith started dating a man named Michael Lee Porter.
The first reported incident of child abuse regarding Kelsey was made on Jan.17,2005,and many more were to follow.

Raye Dawn Smith married Michael Lee Porter on April 18,2005.

On May 3,2005 Kelsey was taken out of her home by OKDHS.

May 4,2005 Kelsey was moved to her maternal Grandmother Gayla Smith.
In mid June 2005,after months of documented abuse which included a broken collarbone,multiple abrasions,new bruises and faded bruises from head to toe,and two broken legs,the doctor said Kelsey's legs were spiral fractures,which means someone twisted her little legs forcefully.Three doctors with a combined 90 years experience saw Child Abuse in Kelsey's broken legs.There were numerous court hearings but after it all on June 15,2005 Judge Craig Key sent Kelsey back to her mom and stepfather.The judge said "Kelsey's abuser was unknown."
She remained in state custody and was to be supervised by state agencies.
Her biological father Lance Briggs was in Iraq fighting for our country while his little girl Kelsey was here fighting for her life.

On October 11, 2005 she was murdered apparantly by her Stepfather Micheal Lee Porter but that is up for debate.Raye Dawn and Michael Porter were the only ones with Kelsey the afternoon she died.
The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the abdomen,it was ruled a Homicide.
Kelsey Briggs died just days before her father was to return from Iraq.

Two weeks later Porter was arrested on first degee murder.
Her mother was later charged with two felonies of Child Neglect and Enabling Child Abuse.
In April of 2006 Kelsey's body was exhumed for a second autopsy where sexual abuse was documented.
Not only was this child brutally beaten over a 9 month period she was also sexually assaulted.
The Stepfather's charges were amended to add the sexual abuse.
Porter and Smith divorced after Kelsey's death.
On February 2, 2007 a plea negotiation was entered and approved by the paternal family.
The stepfather plead guilty to a reduced charge of Enabling Child Abuse and received 30 years in prison.
He has no possibility of parole for 25.5 years.

Kelsey's mother Raye Dawn Smith went on trial July 9, 2007.She has since been found guilty of enabling child abuse,she will serve 27 years in prison.Without the possibility of parole for 23 years.
The court says she knew or should have known about Kelsey's abuse.
(what kind of mum
is she?????)

Alot of people failed Kelsey.Remember her story the next time you think a child is being abused.Please report it,if you don't, that child may suffer the same fate as Kelsey.Please don't let that happen.
A new law has been named for Kelsey in Oklahoma to prevent this type of failure in the Oklahoma State System.

Yeah....after such thing happens, then only a new law will be enforced....why wait for a death to enforce a new law??? It is very obvious that she was being abused, and yet the judge sent her back with the reason that the abuser is!!!!!!!! why don't i have special power to stop all this from happening..i really feel helpless...i cannot watch it twice.
The world is filled with cruelty..

No comments: