Monday, March 23, 2009

Philea Home

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today’s post is going to be slightly different from the others. It is going to be a post which is not written by me. A very good friend of mine, Arvin conducted a charity activity on the end of last year, and I decided to post it up for him, because he’ll be organizing more activities soon and he is certainly going to need contributions and also manpower to conduct all the activities as planned. Those who are interested, you can drop in comment and leave your email add and I’ll mail you the updates.

The next one will be in July, and I will let everybody know the exact date!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------










By Arvinthan Venugopal


A lovely Saturday morning on the 13th of December, I organized a visit to an orphanage at Kapar, Klang. The name of the home is PHILEA KIDS HOME. I brought my parents, and a few of my friends Murali , Audry (university mates) and Sudhashini (a close friend of mine). I actually planned this visit a few months ago that was in July. I knew this home from Kavita who is a friend of mine. I have been to a few homes before but those trips were organized by some other organizations. This time around I planned to come up with my own plan. The purpose of this visit was to donate some stationary and uniforms to the kids as schooling day was just around the corner. We also brought some food along for them. The place is run by a lady named Mrs. Yoges. She works as a teacher and at the same time, she runs the home too. She has around 26 kids under her care ages ranging from 3 to 17 years old. These are young lives fractured by alcoholic, drug-addicted and abusive parents or desperate single mothers.

We were very much welcomed by the kids from the home. I have high expectation on the outlook of the house but it wasn’t a very big house that can have a very big group of orphans there. It’s just a small house which has 3 rooms in it. Aunty Yoges also rents another home nearby for the boys to stay. They also have a small library and a computer centre.





I love to see these kids. They really love all of us whom went to visit them. The kids are so lovely and they are really in need of love from their parents. At such young age they are left by their parents who are not responsible at all. One thing I admire in them is that they work together as a big family. They take care of each other and we can see that they are very close in relationship among each other.



The above picture, the small cute girl is the youngest one at the home. She is only 3 years old. She loves to be with us, always wanting someone to carry, talk and play with her.




Of course, the kids love my camera very much. Not only my camera, my friends also captured the sweet moment with mobile phones and compact camera. Their smiles and laughter are out from their pure and clean heart.

Mrs. Yoges

Of course, every kid is full of potential skills. They love to dance, sing and are also active in sports. The caretaker also conducts classes like cooking and tailoring for the older ones so that they can acquire some extra skills in life.


We distributed things such as school bags, uniforms, shoes, stationary and workbooks. They were indeed very happy to receive them. New stuffs to go back to school in the New Year.




At the end of the day, the kids were very happy to receive us there and also the gifts. the "caring for all" action is to be carried out continuously to help more people and the society.



"The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving."
- Albert Einstein


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was so touched n thumbs up for ur fren.ask him to continue his efforts in helping this needy kids,and if can propose my name also to him. i will definitely try to do sumthing.

u can either contact me through FB or FS. if nt then later i will giv u my number.