Saturday, December 10, 2011

Incredible India!

Yippee! I finally touched my forefather's land - The incredible India. After a year of planning it, we- my gang and I stepped on the fertile land on 27th August 2011. We were there for 8-beautiful-days. Here are some of scribblings  to remember the memorable trip.

It's in chronological order, and there will be several posts on it because there's just sooooo many things to write about :)

DAY 1 - Sunny & humid, a beautiful day.
Friday, 19th August 2011

1 am- Check sunglasses, check sweater, check shawls, check sunblock, check my sunny shade, check passport!............all done ;)

YEAH!!!! I’m officially ready for INDIA

1.30 am - Waiting for Mr.BF, he’s on his way to pick me up!

2.00 am - We are in KL sentral, camwhoring in McD, and I was extremely sleepy + threw a
little tantrum ....hehe

3.00 am- Finally took the skybus after getting lost for few minutes. My luggage is freaking
heavy! Thanks to Mr.BF for exchanging the burden :D

4.30 am- Reached LCCT , we checked-in the luggage, phewww… and now all we have to do is to
wait for the rest of the gang

5.30am- Gang is here. Waiting for boarding announcement. We’re on the express boarding list!

6.00am- The announcement came! We quickly pushed through the crowds and made our way to the plane! Paused here and there to snap pictures, can't stop being me :)

6.11 am – We’re on the plane!

7.50 am – Flight was delayed…20 ppl can’t board d plane so their luggage had to be taken off
from the cargo. Plane finally took off.

7.50- 11.40 am – We are flying…… and we ordered Chicken rice + special milo tarik for
breakfast my digestive system is still in the process of recovering so both of us shared
the meal ;) After that, we snoozed off till we heard the announcement
that we’re landing in couple of minutes! So excited!

A glimpse of the fertile land

The rising sun

Finger licking goodness in Lakshmi Bhavan

We touched down the fertile land. We were received by Rajesh (a friend of our collegue that helped us to arrange our trip) + our driver anne,Mr. Paneer (The best driver ever)

:> Checked- in the hotel, it was quite pricey although we won’t be spending nights there…
:> Rested for a while and hunger forced us out of the room in search of food.
:> Planned to go to Anantha Bhavan. GPS said it’s just 500m away. We followed the direction

and started walking. 10 minutes passed.. and we’re still walking…no sight of Anantha Bhavan. :> Checked the GPS again, and goodness gracious now it says 2.5 km! We’re hungry, tired and

bleeding sweat.

We almost gave up, started walking back to our lodge while planning where else can we eat. Everyone was exhausted. But hey, lady luck was on our side, we saw a decent hotel and we decided to give it a try. It's called Lakshmi Bhavan and the food was real heaven! And it looks hygiene. The sambare was awesome combination to go with the pickles. YUMMY!

After lunch, we rested in our room, while exploring the channels on TV. Snoozed for a couple of minutes and we refreshed ourselves. We left to Ooty around 4.30 pm.

To be continued........

No comments: